Monday, September 13, 2010

MOPS

Today was MOPS. Josh came down with a cold last night, so I wasn't sure if I should go. I decided to go anyway, and they found some extra helpers to watch Josh and keep him out of the regular room. He wailed and cried for me not to leave. I had to pry him off. A little while later, I was told he had calmed down and was playing happily.

I wasn't nervous about going until I actually walked in the room. I was a little confused by the set up but just made like I knew what I was doing and sat down. I had met some of the women before, so at least, I recognized some faces. They had a drawing for a prepared meal for those who arrived on time. I won. I also received a kid book, since I have a child entering kindergarten this year.

There is a singing group performing at the church all week and the girls in the group shared a few words about their mothers. I teared up with what most of them said. They were all so thankful to their mothers and blessed by them. Right now in mothering, I generally do not here words of appreciation from my children. So when I heard these girls speak of their mothers the way I long someday to hear my children speak of me, I cried. Well I tried not to cry, but those pesky tears snuck out anyway.

What I heard most from the girls is that they are grateful for their mothers' individual attention, ability to listen to them and hear them, and their servant's heart.

It gave me insight as to what I need to focus on with my children.

No comments: