Monday, September 27, 2010

The mice

I have been cleaning up mice dropping for at least three weeks now. We knew they were in the house, but they weren't coming out much. But still, they needed to go. I wasn't into killing them, so I bought a plug in device that uses the wires in the house to mess with their nervous system and is suppose to make them leave. But . . . nobody told the mice that. All they did was up their activity and started in earnest to eat our food, in the pantry and on the counters. We have found more droppings on the counter and on our food shelves then ever before since plugging that thing in.

Friday, I cleaned off all the shelves, made sure all food was in hard plastic, cans, or glass. That night we bought poison. We put it out. The mice had a party with it. Gobbled it up, in fact. As they have done since. I unplugged that really helpful device.

Today I bought steel wool to shove in all the inside access holes they use. Gary plans to plug up all exterior holes as well.

I will have my kitchen back.

No comments: