Sunday, December 12, 2010

Are we done yet?

Yesterday we had settlement on the sale of our house. Everything went smoothly and we no longer own a home. I am sad, but relieved. No longer do we have a too-high mortgage hanging over us. We will be smarter in buying another house.

We do have a storage unit to root through, though. I forgot to flag stuff going in, so now some things we want are lost. And you can see in the "storage" post, it is quite packed. It is a 10x30 space. Only about 8 feet is available to walk into. I try not to think about it.

And we took the camper to Gary's dad's house. We have some boxes at my parents', which we will take with us back to the cabin. Everything else is in storage.

While at Gary's dad's we had a break from child watching. Judy took over for us. She and Ellie made cookies. Josh played trains. I watched a movie. Gary read.

My mom and Ellie made cookies together as well. I pitched in after Ellie moved on to something else. My dad, Gary and Josh took my dad's Lionel steam engine to the train shop to have it fixed. Josh enjoyed himself. He also followed my dad around after they got home and called himself a worker.

This visit to Lansdale was much less stressful than the previous one.

No comments: