Sunday, December 26, 2010

A new thing for Christmas

Since moving to the cabin, we now will most likely be traveling at Christmas time.

Gary came home early on Wednesday, we picked Ellie up from school, and left to drive to my parents' home, where the four of us joined the other 8 people and dog there. The home I spent most of my childhood in, which had been in an empty nest state for several years, was once again filled with people. My parents of course, my sister and her boyfriend, my brother, his wife and two children, and us. It was a hopping place.

Matt and Claire brought some tasty meat from their farm. We had the most delicious pork roast, bacon, and sausage. Matt also roasted their 33 lb. turkey, which I actually haven't tasted yet, but will tonight. But I know it will be a most agreeable experience.

We got to meet my sister's boyfriend. She is quite smitten. And she acts herself around him, which means he's a keeper.

Ellie and Josh got to play with their cousins. The girls like to be creative and the boys like to play cars and trains.

We took a trip to Philly to visit Rittenhouse Town (part of our family history,) Independence Hall, and the Liberty Bell. We also watched a movie - one on the Revolutionary War at Independence Visitor Center.

Christmas Day was spent with my family, Gary's extended family, than my extended family.

Sunday was the day to drive home. It was also the day of the snow storm. The 2 hour drive home was lengthen to 4 hours, because of snow and a quick dinner stop. The road conditions were not great but with careful driving, it was passable.

We had to shovel the driveway to put the car in the basement. We decided to not use the snow blower yet. There really wasn't enough snow to warrant that monster yet.

No comments: