Wednesday, December 08, 2010

In storage


On the way to meet the movers (I was going to the right place,) I received a call from them. They were at the wrong storage area. Even though I previously called the movers and told them of the address change for storage areas, the truck was still at the wrong place. So we rerouted ourselves and met the moving van at the wrong storage area. They followed us to the right one. It wasn't the moving company's first mistake.

They got their truck into position, and Josh and I settled in for 4 hours of watching the movers move our stuff into the unit.

It was a cold day. I would run the heat now and then to get the chill off, but even then my lower legs never warmed up. Josh spent the time eating his lunch, roaming around the car as best he could, and doing puzzles on the iPod. He was well behaved for being very confined for four hours. All the while, we listened to music.

The unit is packed floor to ceiling. They did a very good job of getting it in there. Almost too good. There is no way to access anything. I was hoping for an aisle. All I got was a skeptical look from those guys.

No comments: