Friday, January 07, 2011

Another snow day

Thank you God for the snow. He definitely knew we needed a day off today.

I was not looking forward to waking up the kids and getting them ready to take Ellie to school. So, when Western Wayne School District's automated service called at 6:23 am to tell us that school was canceled, I was thankful. Even though they did call at 6:23 am.

The kids woke up two hours later, bright eyed and ready for the day. Not a glimmer of themselves from last night. Again, thank you Lord!

Ellie was most excited about the snow. Josh was more excited when he saw the deer. [I still don't get their fascination with seeing them.] We still haven't managed to get out in it yet, since I had to wash Ellie's snow pants. There was an incident with getting to the potty in time last night. I wasn't going to give her dirty pants, so I went to do a load this morning. The washer outlet is connected to the light switch. I usually remember to not turn it off when I leave the basement, but when I went to put the clothes in the dryer, the light switch was off and washer had never run. So no clean pants yet. And they need to get outside. Though playing fairly well together, they are also being a little crazy.

No comments: