Sunday, June 04, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!, my dear friend.

On our anniversary weekend, our car's muffler started making some interesting noises. As it turned out when we had it looked at, that the muffler blew a hole. No rust, no apparent reason for a hole, just had a hole.

Today, my car felt left out. On our way to my husband's step-uncle's house, my car decided to have muffler trouble of it's own. The front muffler pipe fell down. We had to have the car towed to our repair shop. We will find out about what's wrong on Monday, after the guys have a chance to look at it. Needless to say, we never made it the uncle's house.

Just as soon as we got home, I went looking at cars on line.

Before all this fun happened, my little family went to Lansdale Day. The town closes main street and people set up their wares. There is food available and many manners of things one might need, from new gutters, to Avon, to jewelry, to pottery. We were foolish and didn't take the stroller, so we had to share caring our daughter and the stuff we purchased. We saw some acquaintances we had not seen in a while. It was a nice morning. We did have to dodge a few raindrops.

We ended the day with a movie. My parents watched our daughter and my husband and sister, and I went and saw "X-Men: The Last Stand." It was good. I might just have to buy it. I still want to see the second one.