Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Last night I had a meeting. My husband had a meeting. Mine was rescheduled, his was canceled. It was nice to not have to go anywhere. Especially since my husband has two more nights this week where he will be gone. I don't look forward to having only a short break from the care of my daughter. She is very trying right now. When she gets tired, she is very cranky and not very cooperative. She does what you ask her not to do.

But my husband is very kind and has offered to come home for lunch on the days he will be gone at night and take care of our daughter's lunch and nap, to give me a break. Right now I told him it wouldn't really work, because his bosses have asked if he would work 50 hours a week for a while. The company is behind on work and can't seem to find help. The bosses and another worker are all going to be trying to work extra. He would get his time and a half, plus $50.00 in cash. The extra 10 hours is not mandatory. If he came home for lunch, it would make it even harder to get in an extra 10 hours a day, since he works while he eats.

I was very touched by his offer, though I turned it down. For now. There are days where he is out and about on work errands and has a chance to stop by. That is a nice change for our day.