Tuesday, June 20, 2006

We are all moved in, yet not at all unpacked. Though, I am unpacking a little more each day.

We do like our new little abode. I have changed all but four of the knobs in the kitchen. Four are left because they didn't have enough. Our first plan was to redo the kitchen, but our neighbor is a carpenter, so we are planning on having him, if he wants the job, make us a custom cabinet to go on the wall where none currently exists. We'll buy a new refrigerator and put the current one in the basement. And I discovered I can't stand the dishwasher, so I get a new one of those. I will just live with the dishwasher and sink being 10 feet apart.

My husband bought and put together his first lawn mower, and I think he wants to mow tonight. I did laundry yesterday and got to hang it outside. I need to do something about the clothesline, though. I also need clothes props. My line was rather saggy. I do like my "new" washer and dryer. The previous owner left theirs. They are a bigger capacity than my old ones. So, maybe I can wait on a new set. I wanted a front loader washer.

We are having companies give us estimates to replace the heater, install AC, and replace galvanized pipe with copper. We had the locks changed. We also decided the windows need attention sooner rather than later. That was a project we didn't budget for. But the money we save on the kitchen will go into the windows.

Dinner now needs my attention. Oh, we were going to have grilled chicken salad. I thought that would be good. It's a hot day, cook outside and not heat up the kitchen. Well my plan was perfect until I went to start up the grill and realized my parents still have our propane tank. The movers don't move pressurized gas. So, the kitchen is hotter, and the chicken is cooking on the stove.