Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Vacation - Is it time to go home?

At the end of every vacation, you are somewhat glad for it to end. Fighting the waves and being with so many people was taking it's toll. I was tired.

Although I was sad to see my family leave and know I had no idea when I would see some of them again, it was good to know I would be at my own house with my own stuff soon.

On our way home we stopped at my husband's cousin's house. We hadn't seen his cousin in almost a year. They had a baby girl in January, whom we also wanted to see. We had a very nice visit with them. We actually got to relax. We didn't have to prepare any meals. It was a good way to end our vacation.

We also got to play Rummikub all Sunday afternoon. They didn't have the game, so we stopped on the way home from church to buy it. They enjoyed the new game and were happy to add it to their game collection.

Our drive home was also relaxing because we tend to take the road less traveled. We usually avoid I-95 when possible. We also take a bit longer to get places, but feel it's worth it. We consider our drive to be part of our vacation, so we try to use scenic roads or smaller highways. Our drive is usually much better that way.