Thursday, October 12, 2006

My daughter is continuing to amaze me.

I just saw E take the rest of her banana peel off her banana and throw it away. Then she came and told me she threw out the yucky. Now having finished her banana, she went and got her cloth and wiped her hands and mouth (of course I had to do a supplemental wiping.) And while I was vacuuming, the vet called to verify an appointment for Monday, and I didn't hear the phone, but E did. She took it off the hook and brought it to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A very important note. Watch out for FLYING PIGS! Dell Customer Care called (yes, they called me) about a $75.00 coupon (they upped it from $50.00 to $75.00 apparently - I wasn't going to correct them) I have yet to receive, but have been assured I would have by now. I told them to send it USPS, not email, since email has obviously NOT worked. So, now I have been assured that we should get it in 7- 10 business days. I am not holding my breath.

I don't remember if I have talked about my issues with Dell, so here is some background information. There was a rebate offer if you purchased a computer and signed up for Verizon DSL at the same time. So, we bought a refurbished Dell computer and signed up for Verizon DSL for a year. Filled out the rebate form. Received a post card saying that because we didn't include our order number (the form never asked for it,) the rebate was being denied. I called. Fast forward a year and about 1,000 calls later. NO rebates for refurbished computers, but I could have a $50.00 Dell coupon instead. Fast forward five months and, again, many calls and three emails later, I still have no coupon. Well, blow me over Dell called me today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a doctor's appointment today. I didn't get to see her. I left after waiting fifteen minutes in the office waiting room and fifteen minutes in the exam room. I could hear the doctor talking with other patients during my appointment time. Tell me how could she possibly be backed up by 8:50 in the morning? I made my appointment the earliest I could, and I still ended up waiting and then eventually leaving. I had my daughter with me, and her attention span does not afford waiting forever to see a doctor. She was done waiting, so we left. I have a new appointment with a different doctor. In fact, the one who was interested in Creative Memories products. Maybe I'll get a sale out of this.