Monday, October 09, 2006

Today marks 34 weeks of pregnancy for me. While I fully enjoy knowing there is life growing inside me, my precious son, I do not enjoy the relief map of veins down my legs, the pressure under my belly, the heartburn that has crept it's way into my evenings, exacerbated by my prenatal vitamins (don't ask me why they have become a catalyst for upper digestive tract gas - I am burping the most horrendous tastes and it hurts my throat.) And a cough I have recently developed causes a most embarrassing situation.

I find myself not enjoying this pregnancy like I did when I was pregnant with E, and I feel guilty. I want to enjoy being pregnant, but my body is making it very hard.

Tomorrow I am calling my OB to discuss either a different prenatal vitamin or something to take care of all the gas and heartburn it has started producing. I thought that part of the problem was that I was laying down right after taking it. I take it right before bed. So, I thought that I would take it earlier. But last night instead of just maybe 20 minutes of the gas heartburn issue, I had three hours of it. Tonight I am not taking my prenatal vitamin.