Tuesday, October 24, 2006

What To Pack

My dad surprised my mom with a trip to Williamsburg for her birthday. I was in charge of packing for her. With not living in the house for six years and only seeing her clothes on her for short spots of time, I know I over packed. Three pairs of khakis in the hopes that one would be the right one. Two pairs of jeans. One pair of brown pants. Six long sleeve button-up shirts, all which I knew fit, but didn't know what her preference would be. A few short sleeve shirts and two snuggly warm shirts. The woman has way more jewelry than she wears, so I just guessed at that. And luckily her toiletries bag holds most of what is in the bathroom cabinet. I certainly don't know what she uses in preparing for the day and getting ready for bed. My dad couldn't even really help, and he lives with her, using the same bathroom.

Well, apparently I did rather well. My mom had all she needed. And she had a fabulous time and was totally surprised. My parents had gone to Williamsburg for their honeymoon, so it was a nostalgic time also.