Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The Flower Show

We had a lovely day today. It was our excursion to the flower show at the Philadelphia Convention Center. My parents, the kids and I drove down to the city, found a very expensive parking garage to park in, and walked to the convention center. We waited in the lobby for my sister to finish at her internship. We walked to the Reading Terminal Market for supper, drove my sister home and drove ourselves home. It was a fun day!

Your minds are begging the question: "When did we get to the flower show?" A very good question, indeed. The answer is we didn't. The fellow who was giving my sister the tickets, never managed to actually get them to her.

Yesterday, it was the snow and school cancellations, today it was a broken down car. So for over two hours we sat in the convention center's lobby waiting for the tickets. We finally realized getting the tickets wasn't going to happen, so we just waited for Jess. Entertaining the children for that long was a feat in itself. I think we and the kids did a fantastic job.














I did however get some pictures of the pansies in the planter outside the convention center. I got to see some flowers, at least.

1 comment:

J said...

This is so funny! Glad you made a wonderful day out of it! I had to laugh thinking thinking of similar times we shared with Jess-- just how random and fun times could be. ;-)

Your parents look great!!