Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Friends

Here I sit at Myrtle's house. She didn't want to be alone. She had a horrible, awful, scary, terrifing day. She was shaking, her heart was racing from all the asthma meds she had to take, she was in pain, couldn't breathe well. She asked a couple friends to come over. They said they were busy. I told her I could come after Gary got home from a meeting.

God worked it that way. Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment during the time she first called me. I had switched my appointment because I didn't feel up to going. I didn't have a car yesterday, also making it more likely I'd be home to receive her calls. My mom was also off today, so she was able to watch the kids. I didn't have anything else planned today that I couldn't do tomorrow, so I was able to come.

She needed me, I came. I know that if she was able and I needed her, she would come.

No comments: