Thursday, April 21, 2011

Billy Joel

In an attempt to drown out the calls of the kids for one more thing before they go to sleep, even though they were fine and didn't really need anything, and last night I told them that I wasn't going to respond to their "Mommy, I want . . . " (I guess they think they need to work on their procrastination skills) I brought up YouTube on the ole' computer.

I looked for the loudest most obnoxious song I could think of, but came up with Piano Man by Billy Joel. It was on my mind from an episode of Bones that I recently saw, where a bar singer sings it the night his competitor is murdered.

Gary was surprised I knew the song, let alone liked it and can sing it.



And from there we've been listening to Billy Joel song after Billy Joel song. I think we have actually agreed on a singer that we both like! But of course we have our favorites that aren't the same. Good bedtime music for the kids, eh?

I'll have to go dig out my Greatest Hits cassette tape from storage. On second thought, maybe I'll just buy it from iTunes.

No comments: