Thursday, September 19, 2013

Dinner

This photo has nothing to do with the post, save for that the recipe is from Myrtle and she misses moss.  And I had a photo of some that I took just for her. 

My dear culinary Myrtle has this handy little blog going.  Myrtle finds recipes, makes them, posts them and talks about making them.  She will also tell me about it and then I get to try something new.  Tonight I am trying the Baked Mustard Lime Chicken. 

To start off, you need to wear a cute little apron.  Mandatory.  [I can make you one for a small fee.]

Here is how I made this meal.  For one, I see no point in ever putting cilantro in anything.  No point.  So that was eliminated.

Next, we don't have Dijon mustard, so I used honey mustard.  Isn't a bit of honey good for you?  And since Gary isn't that big a fan of any kind of mustard, read that as he doesn't let the stuff pass by his lips, I only put in about 1/8 cup.

Side note: I rarely measure exactly when I cook. Drives Gary batty. So I don't really need to put measurements on here, just eyeball it.  Better yet, follow the link, since I didn't mention all the ingredients.

I did follow the recipe when it said to rinse and pat dry the chicken, though it is a step I find rather annoying.  No, I did not use a paper towel.  My home is paper towel free.


Then I discovered we had no more chili powder, so I had to go to the store, aka the attic, to visit Kulp's Spices.  And since the lovely, very organized Mrs. Kulp just recently made a charming little space for the store, I could find it, easy peasy.









Celtic sea salt?  Why so specific?  I used this instead.















Now to sit and wait to bake.  Note, I didn't cover it.  No need to waste and use plastic wrap.







Here it is all cooked. 

What was determined - less lime, less chili powder, less mustard.  If you are under the age of 10, no chili powder.  So that the kids would eat the chicken, I used my colander and rinsed it off.

 Though a work in progress, worth making again.

Second note: Preparing dinner took twice as long since I was documenting it on here while I went.

No comments: