Monday, February 23, 2009

The Cabin

We went to the cabin this weekend. The plan was to leave Friday night after a dinner party. Well, the dinner went far later than we planned, and my lower back and hips (a new symptom with this pregnancy) were aching me. There was no way I could sit for another two hours in the car, and we were both tired. So we went to bed and left after breakfast on Saturday.

We had a great time. According to Josh, we saw Bambi's Da-da. Many of them in fact, though all actually does. And Ellie. My sweet, sweet girl. She saw chickens out her bedroom window (also known as wild turkeys.) She also discovered the electrodes in her electric blanket. She came out of her room to inform us that "there are things in my bed that I felt with my fingers. They're kind of like lip balm." These two discoveries were in the name of avoiding nap time.

We had our own dinner entertainment in the Lawerence Welk show. Ellie muted one man singing because "that man's mouth doesn't sing very well." But a lady received this reaction: "I want to hear this girl. She's pretty."

Gary had the privilege of discarding a dead mouse. We had two fires, but that round wood just doesn't care to burn. It needs to be split.

I was all set with videos and DVDs. But would you know that the VHS I brought had viewing issues, and that DVD player wouldn't release it's hold on the DVD deck? So there was no movie viewing. And we could have gotten in many a Stargate SG-1 episode, too.

Sunday night we all said goodbye to our little cabin and drove back home.

No comments: