Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I wonder why things happen, but I know God is sovereign

Although I don't always know why things happen, I know God has a plan. And for now, His plan is for us to only have two children. My hormone level dropped significantly. I was told to go for more blood work until my numbers are back to zero.

My plan has always been to have more than two children. Maybe I still will, somehow. But right now it hurts, and I grieve to know that this my child was carried for such a short time, and that she was my last. I also feel selfish in that I'd like a third child, while some women do not even have one child to love.

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:11-13

2 comments:

Claire Boyles said...

We love you, Becky.

J said...

Praying Colossians 1:11-14 for you, Beck. Hold to the Vine (John 15:1-5).
We love you and will continue to pray for comfort and wisdom in the coming months and years.