Wednesday, February 25, 2009

For Free

Our faucet system has a soap dispenser. It is my opinion that it never worked properly since we have been using it. And it has gotten worse. This past week it started not pumping soap. A task I felt it should accomplish since it is a soap dispenser. I got quite annoyed at it and pumped it a mite too hard many times. I managed to break the inside plastic part. So now it really won't pump.

I found the paperwork left by the previous owner and read that the lifetime warranty was only effective for the original purchaser. I looked up on Moen's website for a replacement dispenser and discovered a new one would cost $41.00, a price I am not willing to pay. I then called Moen to see if I could purchase just the plastic part that broke. The very helpful man at Moen took my mailing information and asked what the problem was. I was forth coming about the tragic ending of my soap dispenser, but he still said he would send a new one out right away. I thanked him and felt inclined not to remind him that I was not the original owner, nor that even though it wouldn't pump, I am the cause of it being in more pieces than originally designed.

Either way I am hopefully the recipient of a new soap dispenser, though I need to wait several weeks for its arrival.

No comments: