Monday, May 03, 2010

Camping . . . out back and Sissy time

We went camping in our backyard. The kids don't rightly care where the camper is, they just like being in it. Although that isn't entirely true, since Gary told Josh we would be going camping with people from church, Josh keeps asking when we are hitching up the camper and camping at church. We had borrowed our neighbor's patio fire pit thing, roasted marshmallows for s'mores, and slept in the camper Friday night.

Jess came out to the 'burbs this weekend, since she needed some relaxation from school. We watched movies, got pedicures, painted our fingernails, (Ellie and Josh wanted in on that action), and just lazed around. Jess enjoyed the camper each night.

Josh and Ellie greatly enjoyed having their aunt here for the weekend. There was much snuggling time. And she pulled out the kiddie pool and swim suits and pool toys.

Yesterday we went to the library to borrow some movies and I forgot my wallet was empty (except for some change) and Jess left hers in the car. The movies are $1.50. You are only allowed to have out 12 items at a time. The kids picked out an assortment of books and one movie each (the kids movies are free.) We had too many items and discovered no money. We checked out what we could and went out to the car to get money for the two movies we picked out. Jess game me a dollar bill and four quarters, thinking the movies were only a $1.00 each. We manged to scrounged up $2.00 in change. I went back in, but came right back out since we had 11 items checked out, because I forgot I had a book at home. I took one book we had just checked out back in and checked out the two movies, leaving behind my handful of change. I imagine we gave someone a good laugh.

No comments: