Wednesday, May 26, 2010

No more seeds for me

About the only thing growing in my garden are the onions, turnips and kale (they were not planted from seed,) all last year's volunteers and the weeds. Everything, well not the carrots, Brussel sprouts and lettuce, decided that they didn't want to grow. Twice. Oh, the peas are doing fine, too. Okay, so more is growing than it seems, but when you plant Lima beans, cucumbers, spinach, sweet peppers, hot peppers, broccoli and cauliflower, twice, and nothing pops out of the ground, not a single solitary seed, (well one lonely little broccoli is giving it a whirl, but so are the insects on it) you feel a little poorly about your gardening skills.

The beans I planted are coming up, but something, the blasted rabbits perhaps, has eaten them to nubs. I got the fence up this week, to curb varmint munching. I was hoping to avoid putting up the fence, but the animals have left me no choice.

Tomorrow, my plan is to go buy me some veggie plants. And some herbs, because did I mention that they didn't come up either?

No comments: