Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sticking her finger where it doesn't belong

Tonight Ellie and Josh received a water bottle on their last night of Faith Weaver Friends. On the way home Ellie apparently thought it a good idea to stick her finger in the mouth hole. It got stuck. I couldn't simply pull it off. When we got home we tried soap and water, olive oil, but nothing worked. Ellie was crying and very upset. It was cutting her finger, and I made the mistake of saying so. She hollered to call the police. I got some wire cutters, which were too big to get in there and cut the plastic. We thought we'd have to take Ellie to the emergency room. I went and scoured Gary's tool box and found a smaller pair of wire cutters. They fit in nicely, I snipped and used needle nose pliers to peel back the plastic, and it finally came off. Gary bandaged her finger and all was well.


Tools used in the operation.










The boo-boo. I had to take the photo after she fell asleep to avoid further trauma.

No comments: