Friday, May 06, 2011

Cleaning leaves

I decided to spend some time outside today with Josh. We did a little yard work. We planted alyssum seeds in our two hanging baskets and we cleaned the leaves out of our flower beds. He helped me for a while. But when we found a red toad in the one bed, Josh became the toad's caretaker. He had to keep it safe from creatures, he told me. He also found two worms that also needed his care. The leaf removal was not important anymore.

I use the term flower beds loosely, since there are no flowers in the beds. The deer eat them, so all we have are transplanted ferns and ornamental grass.

Here is where we feed the deer and other creatures. It is our compost pile. And pile is also used loosely. We just stand on the porch and fling the food scraps into the woods. Sometimes we take aim at the trees.

3 comments:

Myrtle said...

Uhm...what is that puke of rocks in the driveway????

Becky said...

It's the pile for the unfinished stone wall.

Myrtle said...

The pile from March 19th? Gee, I thought that would be fixed by now! ;)

BTW, I think "puke" was my iPod's way of fixing a typo on "pile," which was my intended word choice.