Friday, May 20, 2011

Knoebles

We took the kids camping last weekend. Gary's mom came along. It rained.

I love roller coasters and was very excited to take Ellie on the roller coasters. She was excited to ride the grown up ones for the first time.

Ellie and I got in line for Twister. Josh was too short to ride and was very upset. We waited in line for over twenty minutes. Never did Ellie have a second thought about riding. She picked the first seat in the first car. Off we went.

She grabbed my arm for dear life. The first hill wasn't even the biggest one. I'm not sure if it was scared, fear, or terror on her face. She slid down under the bar. I told her to sit up; she said she couldn't. It isn't easy to hoist a child, while spinning crazy fast.

We got off and she declared the ride scary. Then she answered me that yes, she wanted to go again. The second time we sat in the last car. She liked the second ride even less.

But even so, later on that evening she rode the other wooden coaster, The Phoenix, with me. Meanwhile Gary took Josh on the kid roller coaster, something Gary wasn't doing again. I had taken him on that one earlier, and I thought he wasn't going to make it without freaking out. But I held onto him and he grabbed onto me and we made it through.

After the ride, Ellie decided she was ready for the kid roller coaster and we went in that direction. I rode it with her, than passed the kids onto Gary and ran off to ride The Phoenix two more time and Twister once more, by myself.

The kids rode a bunch of kiddie rides as well. Gary's mom, also not a rides kind of person, rode The Whipper with us. And we all rode the the train ride, at Josh's request.

It had rained in the mornings, and a hour or so in the afternoons. The camper has been sitting all week in my parents' driveway to dry out. Except it's been raining all week, so it hasn't actually dried out yet.

1 comment:

Myrtle said...

Am I missing something? All the times I went camping as a child there was never any roller coasters or other amusement park type of rides??? Just mosquitoes to slap and hiking trails to walk and streams to fish.