Sunday, May 08, 2011

My Day


I was greeted yesterday afternoon with two little flower bundles and a balloon from my children.

Today I was presented with plants. I received a bleeding heart plant from Gary, tomato plants from Ellie and pansies from Josh. There was much excitement on the children's part. Ellie also gave me the gifts she made at school. She tried to give them to me on Friday when she got home from school, but I asked her to wait until today. And I received carnations at church.

Ellie did the artwork on my card from Gary. And Josh made a smiley face on it.

I sort of had the afternoon to myself, while the rest of the crew took naps. Ellie never actually took a nap, but tried several times to be excused from, in her opinion, such nonsense.

We then packed up dinner and went to Promised Land State Park for a cook out. The kids played on the playground while
Gary grilled. We ate and the kids went and played again. Then we took a walk, then a drive and came home.


Gary and the kids finally made me my apple crisp. I chopped some wood, discovered and disposed of the dead mouse we suspected was somewhere in the living room. Gary still thinks we have another one around.


Now I'm typing and watching the Phillies.



We also made sure to call our mothers, and I texted or called my mother friends.

Good times today.

No comments: