Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Half-Marathon

Gary suggested we participate in a half-marathon in September. The D&H Distance Run. I said to sign us up. You can walk it or run it. We talked more about it tonight, and Gary made up a training schedule. I'm getting excited. We are going to run it.

We need someone to watch the kids, but I think that will be an easy task compared to the training.

You need to understand, Gary and I don't run. He's joked that he only runs if he's being chased by an animal or unsavory characters. He just said the last time he tried to run, he thought he was going to die. I don't think he paced himself.

I feel like I could run, that I should run, that I should at least exercise in some fashion. But I usually just sit around and think about exercising.

But not anymore. We are going to do this.

And I get a new pair of sneakers, too.

1 comment:

Myrtle said...

I think this is a cool idea, admirable really. However, I must be honest and admit that I am happy asthma and other sundry illnesses preclude me from being able to run. Otherwise, I would feel pressured to do so from all the healthy people in my life. For the record, I am also immensely helpful that a history of both TB and Malaria preclude me from giving blood, otherwise I would feel obligated to do that as well! Still, my friend, I am happy for you. Make sure you pick out sneakers that have some bit of GREEN on them!