Monday, May 09, 2011

Planting

The deer are the main reason for strategic planting. Because they might think that the flowers are their new salad bar. Which they are not.

I looked up which plants help deter said deer from munching on my Mother's Day flowers. Rosemary and columbine are two such plants. I still need to purchase rosemary and plant the columbine.

To keep it simple with the tomato plants, I just put them in pots on the porch. The empty pots next to them will hopefully be morning glories. And the plan is for them to grow along the poultry netting (that's how chicken wire is labeled now at stores) around the porch and be very pretty. One variety I bought is a night bloomer with a nice scent.

We also put up our bird feeder, which you can see from the kitchen or bathroom window.

No comments: