Sunday, February 25, 2007

I do so enjoy spending time with my best friend P. She is always open for a visit. We talk and share, watch movies, play games (we are lax in this area right now,) and take care of my kids. We used to do a whole lot of each of the former three things on this list, but with the addition of my kids to the list, the former things have all been cut back. Taking care of kids is a time warp activity.

Even going out has been a task in itself. We had a grand list to tackle on Thursday. But going out twice, the list is still not finished. Really, the best time to go out is in the morning, because afternoon is nap time. But getting ready to leave with plenty of time to complete anything by lunch is near impossible, as P and I well know, since we still have a few stores to get to.

Getting to these stores is important. My husband and I are helping P out with purchasing her everyday needs, since her unemployment has been looming and weighing heavy on her heart. We have been blessed, so we want to pass it on to our friend. After all she has always been generous to us. Whenever we would visit, P would generously share with us. Now we can be generous back.

She continues to be generous to me, even if it isn't monetary. She thought of me and my children in her preparations for our coming - what we might like to eat and do, which games we might play. She thoroughly cleaned her house for our impending visit, staying up way to late to do it. She washed all linens that might touch our fair skin, she vacuumed and mopped her floors to their cleanest shine, she scrubbed the bathrooms free of all insects, dust and grime. Her floors are as clean as it's ever been. It's her way of saying "I love you."

One of her biggest "I love yous" is her willingness to change a long string of wet and dirty diapers. I have no problem letting her change any diaper that needs changing. I find that task to be a stinky one that I just as soon pass off to another. Her latest "I love you" is giving me a chance to take a nap this morning. When I came up from our basement home away from home, there was a note in her beautiful script telling me to wake her after I finished nursing my son. She would watch the bobbins so I could go back to sleep. And really, what more could a sick mother of two small children, who's been sleep deprived, want? Besides a back rub. But hey, she's done that too!