Sunday, April 23, 2006

I have contacted a few places where I would like to volunteer. I have not heard back. I guess they don't want help. I still need to contact some places that have asked for volunteers.

I would like to do some volunteer work. I have to be somewhat selective, because I will be taking my daughter with me. Some places won't allow that. I contacted and interviewed with a local pregnancy crisis place, but no one ever got back to me. I guess they really don't need someone to wash and organize donated clothes. I called several places in regard to volunteer work, and no one got back to me. I was successful in contacting and getting information to volunteer at the local hospital, but they have a required amount of hours, which is impossible for me to meet, since I can't have my daughter with me. Meals-on-wheels needs people to pack meals and people to deliver them. I thought that I could try contacting them. I haven't yet, because I keep getting rejected to volunteer.

Something seems wrong with not being able to help people. All I want to do is help those in need and teach my daughter that helping others is important, and I am wholefully unsuccessful.