Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I chose an OB/GYN. Though, after my appointment yesterday, maybe I should rethink that.

I sat in the exam room in my paper shirt and paper "blanket," waiting for my doctor to come for half an hour. I think that is too long when one is undressed. When he finally showed up, he asked how I was. I said I was tired of waiting. He apologized and said there was an urgent situation he needed to take care of. I have no problem with waiting if there is something urgent, but I have a problem with no one coming in to tell me this. A nurse should have come into the room and explained that my doctor was taking care of a pressing matter and would be with me as soon as he could be. And if they knew about the situation before they even took me into the exam room, then they should have had me just wait in the waiting room. I will be calling and telling them this soon. I need to update them on my insurance anyway.

My friend said her rule of thumb about waiting for a doctor is 30 minutes in the waiting room and 15 minutes in the exam room. I think I just might adopt these rules too.

~~~~~~~~~

For a while now, my daughter has been very uncooperative on the changing table. I have been quite annoyed at trying to keep her laying still and on her back. Just the other day she grabbed her dirty diaper while I was trying to take it away. I certainly don't need the contents of a dirty diaper falling out.

Well, lately I have discovered that she likes having her diaper changed on the floor. She lays rather still. It is on her terms, I guess. As long as she lies still and lets me change her without wiggling and turning, I'd change her in the bathtub.