Saturday, May 13, 2006

We had a Mother/Daughter Tea today. It was at a restaurant in stead of at our church as it usually is. There was a doll theme. My daughter brought her doll with her. My mom, grandmom, and my husband's mother, step-mother, grammy, and greataunt all attended. It was nice for my husband's side of the family to see our daughter, since they don't get to see her that often.

Every one had a nice time. It was reflective to hear stories of days gone by and about other ladies and their dolls.

The food wasn't all together unpalatable (the sandwich wraps were quite tasty), but they could have provided a few more nonsandwich options. They were also short on the desserts. There were not enough to go around. Actually they had plenty of scone/biscuit things (not very desert-like), but not enough cookies. My mom missed out on the chocolate chip cookies.