Sunday, May 07, 2006

We went Shopping.

At Target we bought our daughter two swimsuits. They are adorable and have a little skirt. And they're pink. I think most everything that girl wears has at least one spot of pink. We are gong to the beach this summer for a week, so she needs two swimsuits. Of course, if it was up to her, she'd probably be perfectly happy in just her diaper.

We also found my EZ slider plastic wrap made by Reynolds wrap. It's purple, too. My friend got green. I highly recommend the EZ slider to cut plastic wrap. It is better than sliced bread.

We also went to Home Depot for some things, namely drain cleaner, also highly recommend by my friend.

My husband tried getting Starbucks coffee at the gargantuan town-like shopping center where Home Depot was, but the line was nearly out the door. He doesn't like Starbucks enough to wait.
We then ate lunch at a favorite little diner - Taco Bell. I ordered my favorite - Chalupas. Since I discovered them, they're all I get. My daughter made a tasty mess with a burrito.

We then headed to a garden store for my friend to pick up a new bowl for her bird bath. Hers is cracked. They didn't have the green that matches the base she has. So, we actually didn't purchase anything there. She ended up using tar to pitch the inside of the bird bath. It looks quite fetching and will act as a target for the birds to find it easier.

Then my friend did something wonderful. She dropped my husband and I off at Mount Vernon and took our daughter home for a nap. We had a few hours to ourselves. We had a very nice stroll around the lower grounds of mount Vernon. George was quite the innovative farmer.

The next stop was, I think, quite remarkable. It felt like stepping back in time. We found a variety store. And "penny" candy. The candy was more than a penny, but it was the same kind you used to be able to buy for a penny. I hadn't seen some since I was a little girl. We of course piled quite a bit of the sugary sweetness into a basket. Than we wandered around the store for a while. My husband found the toy isle with Matchbox cars and other trinkets he liked as a boy, reminding him of the Five and Dime store from our youth. It was a fun store, and we will be back next time we visit.

Our final stop was for pizza and soda. By this time our stomachs were saying things. It was very tasty pizza. We ate while watching a movie. Then my friend and I played Phase Ten. I won.