Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I was standing at the kitchen sink this morning measuring the amount of liquid our glasses hold. I am trying to be more mind of what I am eating and drinking and their amounts. As I poured the water from the glass into the measuring cup, it spilled on the counter and some down the cabinets. My daughter, who was standing next to me munching on her favorite food of Cheerios, opened the right side of the cabinet under the sink, shut the door, then opened the left side. Although she is not allowed to go in those cabinets, I let her go to watch what she was doing. After she opened the left side, she took the dishcloth from the bar it hangs on and started to wipe the water I had spilled off the cabinet. She saw a need and was taking care of it. She likes to wipe things. We use to keep a rag hanging on her high chair for her messier meal times. She would occupy herself by "wiping up" the floor, the table legs, the chairs. She now has her own clean rag to use.

Another thing that I have seen her do that is very cute and imitating, is to "feed" her baby dolls and give them something to drink. She sees us feed her and help her with cups, that she does it, too.