Monday, May 15, 2006

Today was my shopping day. By the time my daughter and I finished eating, and I got my list organized, it was 11:30. That is usually the time I start working on lunch. But since we had a late breakfast, I decided to head out to do some shopping.

On our way out my daughter thought it would be nice to take her babies with her, a pink doll, and Dora. As she carried them around before we actually left, she kept saying, "Two." She knew she had two babies in her arms.

Her pink baby went on her first shopping experience with us at Wal-Mart. She wanted Dora too, but I said no. We took awhile at Wal-Mart, probably because I perused the $5.50 movie bin. I found some to buy. During our pit stop at McDonald's for nourishment, my daughter was a little perfect eater. She ate two nuggets, and her apples, and all her milk. She did have some problems with pointing and staring at other patrons. She doesn't quite understand that it isn't polite to point and stare, even when it is explained to her.

My girl is a friendly sort. She wiling tells all she meets, "Hi." And now she has started a new thing. She will say hi to someone, then point to me and say, "Mommy," several times. I think maybe every shopper at Redner's was greeted and informed that I was her Mommy. She also was bright enough to recognize the cheese in the deli display window and point to it, then ask for it by opening her mouth and pointing inside. She received some cheese, when reminded to ask more politely.

But all the cuteness came to an end at the conclusion of dinner. After a burnt pot of white chili stunk up the house, we ordered pizza. When our daughter had ended her food intake, she established that she wanted to get down. Without a please. We reminded her she needed to say please. She sat in her highchair asking to get down, without saying please for an hour. She went right to bed with no books or stories.