Monday, May 08, 2006

We had my egg casserole again for breakfast. Having it today was just as tasty as yesterday. My friend had never had an egg casserole before. She didn't know what she was missing.

Oh yes, my friend cut my hair yesterday. I forgot that in the morning before we went anywhere, we played outside a bit. Kashi romped after his ball, my daughter ran around, my husband kept Kashi romping by throwing his ball, my friend cut my hair.

Today, she cut it again. I decided to go a little shorter. She did a fabulous job. It is quite cute. It really brings out my curls. She always does a good job on my hair. She also thought her skin needed a trim. She forgets that it's my hair she's cutting and not her finger.

During our visit, I was able to find two things she lost. Her gel for poison ivy, and her exercise cords. Though, I couldn't find her missing keys for her new locks.

After we packed, we ate dinner at Austin Grill. They have great food, but our service was lacking. We had enough leftover for another meal. To let our food settle we walked around the block. During our stroll, we made room for coffee (my husband,) and ice cream (the rest of us.)

On our way home we found more traffic. The Bay Bridge was backed up for 4 miles, causing us an hour delay. We played the alphabet game using car makes and models. My husband won. I won the game we played using signs.

Our last bit of excitement this weekend was when we saw a taxi veering into the other lane. He did it over 7 times that we saw. I called 911. I was patched through to the state police. I reported the taxi, and where we were on I-476. I was asked for my name, and the number from which I was calling. The taxi was in the left lane, going no more than 60 MPH and sometimes slower. He continued to veer, and we continued to watch. No police. We stayed behind him for a while. Still no police. Eventually we had to pass him, because he slowed down to under 50 MPH, while still driving in the far left lane. By this point there were three lanes. He had passengers, too. It at least kept us awake.

We didn't get home until 10:15 pm. Far later than we would have liked, but not as late as other times. Our daughter had a surprise for us. Her diaper apparently holds more liquid when in the vertical position. Her entire bottom was wet. I had to wash her car seat cover. She hadn't even been asleep as long as over night, but yet she was completely wet along her entire backside. When she sleeps at night, she never leaks out the back. We figure it was because she was sitting instead of lying down.