Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My daughter was being very challenging this morning. I am quite happy she is napping. I am tired of correcting her. She has had at least four time outs in three hours.

I think that because of this orneriness, she was extra tired. This was demonstrated by falling asleep during lunch. But stubborn as she is, she fought it. She fell asleep sitting in her chair, then startle awake and eat another bite. Then she'd fall asleep again, startle awake, and take another bite. I think on the third repetition, I told her we should go upstairs for a nap. She stubbornly said no, picked up a grape, and chewed on it as her eyes closed. Even as I was cleaning her up, she objected to her food being taken away and grabbed another bite.

And unfortunately, I can't let her go on sleeping for however long she would sleep, because I am picking up my aunt at the airport. I am mostly sure that once in the car, she will fall back to sleep.

The wonders of motherhood.