Monday, January 05, 2009

After having watched over 10 episodes of "Living with Ed," my keenness for learning more about the environment has been renewed. I would like to get my masters in some form of environmental something. My first thought was energy conservation, but there are myriad options. However, I can not go back to school until my children are in school, and we have lots more money. I did have the notion that I could learn on my own and read, read, read.

I wish we had the money to do many of the larger scale things we saw on his show. A grey water watering system, solar panels, solar ovens, an electric bike and car (recharged by his solar panels,) recycled blue jean insulation, rain barrels, a remote turn-off-the-outlets-you-don't-need-on-while-you're-away system to name a few.

I can still do my part and save and conserve on a small scale. Everything helps.

No comments: