Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What's that about deodorant?

OK. So here it is. Armpits. Oh, excuse me - underarms. I have decided to include this subject on my blog, since this is a thing of my life. Now if you don't want to read about my dilemma with the above topic, than avert your eyes.

I am trying to replace personal care products as they run out with more natural ones. My latest foray into the all natural is Arm & Hammer Essentials and Tom's of Maine deodorant, hereto for known as AH and Tom's respectively.

First of all, I was told it is good to sweat (I'm undecided about that,) you just don't want the odor (definitely decided about that.) I determined to inform myself about underarm sweat - a lively topic - and learned a bit. If you'd like the experience, click to this article.

Whereas my knowledge already included the truth that most antiperspirants contain aluminum based compounds, and I don't want said chemical on my person, I wanted to try just a deodorant. Enter AH and Tom's. Both options in my bathroom are a clear stick version. My issue is that they are sticky feeling. I care not for that feeling. I have tried airing out the application location before donning my garments. I have tried putting on my garments immediately to wick away the feeling. I have tried applying less product. I have tried, but to no avail. I am accepting what is and hoping that once my skin adjusts to the new product, it will be more comfortable. I am not wasting what has been purchased but will not be purchasing these options for myself again.

The other issue is the non-antiperspirant aspect. I certainly do realize it is not present, however I am aware of the deodorant's ability to work. Let's go nature. I don't care for a wet feeling but care far less for an odor.

One thing I really like about both AH and Tom's is that the ingredients are listed on each product along with the reason it is in the product and from where it was derived.

No comments: