Thursday, January 22, 2009

Recycling

If you remember me talking about the show "Living with Ed," you might also remember me saying that I would like to be able to do more of the stuff he talks about. But the funds are not readily available to me as they seem to be for him.

So, I do what I can. The easiest is recycling. To some recycling can be a nuisance in that you have to rinse/clean containers, sort, remove non-recyclable parts, or haul it yourself to a recycling place. I do not find this to be objectionable. I am glad to do my part. Our trash hauler, Ches-Mont, had only taken plastics 1 and 2, glass, and paper. The rest - plastics 3 - 7, paperboard, cardboard, Styrofoam, plastic lids, straws, small electronics and many other things - had to be hauled by yours truly to Pottstown.

Now I am here to announce that we are splitting trash service with our neighbor, who uses BFI. And low and behold they take cardboard, paperboard, and several more numbers of the plastics. I organized our current pile of extra recycling located inconveniently in the basement and now can take four bags of paperboard, one bag of plastics and a cat litter container to the trash can out back, instead of driving a distance to Pottstown. I am so excited.

Now instead of taking all that extra recycling to the basement, I can just put it in the bin in the kitchen with the regular recycling.

No comments: