Saturday, January 24, 2009

The G & B Restaurant

Tonight was great. Gary and I prepared a scrumptious meal for my parents' Christmas present. And since today is their anniversary, it was also an anniversary dinner. They have been married 38 years.

We served herb roast pork, mashed potatoes, a sweet potato (my dad's request,) green beans, salad with homemade dressing, applesauce, homemade bread, and homemade apple pie. We have a swinging door between our kitchen and dining room, so we shut it and pretended they were at a restaurant. Though, we joined them for the main coarse.

I had the table set beautifully, with my fancy folded napkins and used our more formal dinnerware and glassware. I had a great time.

We get to do it two more times, also. Tonight with Gary's mom and step-dad, except we are taking the meal to them, since Dan can't get out. And we still need to pick a date for Gary's dad and step-mom. Tonight is also Mom and Dan's anniversary, 22 years I think, so they get a Christmas and an anniversary dinner, too. Their dinner is the same as my parents'. We'll see if it turns out as well.

1 comment:

J said...

That's so great! What a blessing to your parents!

(When can we come? ;-) he-he)