Thursday, March 11, 2010

Digital Recorder

Back in January it crossed my mind to buy a digital recorder that has a USB port. My friend has one and suggested I get one. I had enough money saved, so I bought one from amazon.com. My plan is to record me reading books for the kids and singing songs, and then save the recording on CDs for them. I also plan to record things for Myrtle.

Well, I am enjoying this thing immensely. I have recorded several books and songs, but I haven't gotten them on CDs yet. I want to make bedtime lullaby CDs for the kids. Myrtle has also enjoyed my offerings to her and wonders why we didn't think of me getting one sooner!

I have another digital recorder, but the recordings can't be taken off of it. On it we have both Josh and Ellie's heartbeats when I was pregnant, and a recording of my grandmother singing a lullaby. My plan was to play them from the old recorder and re-record them on the new one, then save them on the computer. The plan went smoothly until the old recorder wouldn't work. I changed batteries, nothing. Jiggled the connectors for the batteries, still nothing. Now I need to find somewhere to take it to see of some tech guy can get them off.

No comments: