Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Material

My son gives me much material with which to write my posts. Here are a few from today.

1. Ellie and Josh finished their reading program papers this weekend. I took the kids to the library to hand in their papers, and that afternoon I printed out new ones for them. Ellie is now going for the gold and Josh for the silver.

This morning Josh gathered a pile of books and plopped down next to Hunter to read to him.

2. While flopping on the bed, a mostly acceptable form of jumping, he landed too far down the bed and smacked his nose on the foot board. Wailing immediately followed to last for probably a half hour. Initially I saw no blood, but then he wiped his face on his shirt, and I saw a slight red color. Foolishly I announced it's presence, which to Josh meant wail louder, there's blood.

I gave him many hugs, a reproachful word about not jumping on the bed, some pain reliever, more hugs and a train video. The train video finally did the trick to quiet him.

His nose has a brush burn. Looks a little like Rudolph.

3. Josh and I decided to go for a walk today. Josh asked to take his ride on car. I thought he might actually ride it, but no silly me, he wanted to push it around. [Note: It already has two repairs. Josh is hard on things.] While Josh ran pushing his car on our walk, he disregarded the uneven sidewalk, probably never even saw that it was uneven, plowed into it, crashed over and broke grill off the front. Now it was only duct taped on, since it had actually been broken off in a previous incident. I righted him and the car, picked up the broken piece, and we continued on our way. About four more crashes later, some less severe, Josh had the biggest crash. He landed on the car and somehow broke the front wheels off. I will attempt to repair the car, but I think it will find it's way to the trash can.

I'm sure we made quite a picture - me carrying two pieces of a car, with Josh carrying the wheels. He asked me to carry the wheels, because he decided to collect snow. He claimed we needed it at home since ours was melting. For the remainder of our walk, he collected snow. When we got back to our property, I showed him we still had snow. Oh he says. I told him out back is far less snowy, so he took his collection back there and dumped it on the grass.

No comments: