Monday, March 08, 2010

Still sleeping

Josh is still sleeping at 10:00 am. He was up at 6 am when the rest of us were scurrying about outside his bedroom door but went back to bed by 6:30. For two hours I have expected him to wake up and come downstairs. I went up to check on him, and he wants to stay in bed. I certainly can't blame him for that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today my goal is to get ready for a task I've taken on. A Karen refugee family at church is needing some very necessary help in learning about food storage and safety, cleaning, laundry, organizing, and learning English, to name a few. I am helping with the first two on the list. I want to make signs with pictures so they can see what goes where. They need to be shown with visuals, because just telling them hasn't worked.

The plan is to go over there once a week and teach. I am nervous because of the language barrier. But I am not going to let that stop me from helping a family in need.

No comments: