Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Teaching

Last Friday night, Gary and I met with Pastor Fisk from the confessional Lutheran Church I want to attend. He talked about many things Lutheran. He talked about doctrine. He answered our questions. We chatted about other things. Not all could be talked about in one night. He said he'd be happy to come and talk again. It was late when he left.

I still have questions. Over this past week, I have thought about new questions to ask. And I want more teaching on the doctrine.

I have listened to his four sermons for Lent so far and they have teaching. Teaching I don't hear in my church.

Gary and I have talked about the differences between what we believe as Baptists and what I am finding in Lutheran doctrine. Gary is not finding Lutheran doctrine as appealing as I am finding it. It is something we need to discuss. But I don't have the answers. That's way I want teaching.

No comments: