Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Books

To help me in my studies, my dear friend has acquired for me many books. Two copies of The Book of Concord, one pocket version (though I don't know who's pocket it would actually fit in,) and a leather bound version. I have the Lutheran Service Book, Spirituality of the Cross, Grace Upon Grace, Treasury of Daily Prayer, Luther's Small Catechism: with Explanation, and Psalms: The Prayer Book of the Bible. Today I will receive the next book - The Lutheran Study Bible.

I dare say I might have more Lutheran books than some Lutherans. All of them are full of good stuff, though I have hardly scratched the surface of what treasures lie within their pages. I am truly grateful for her generosity.

I have cleaned out a spot to keep them, since my pile grows, and I can't have them lying about the house, especially with small children who don't always remember to be careful with things.

No comments: