Friday, January 27, 2006

My husband was very excited. He is liking conversing with our daughter. She is starting to understand and communicate more.

He was telling me of a night when he put her to bed. Our daughter was picking out the books to read. She handed one to my husband, but when he sat her on his lap, she gave a look that it wasn't really the book she wanted. So, he asked her if it was. She shook her head no. He asked her if she wanted another book. She nodded yes. He put her down, and she picked out another book. The right one.

It still amazes me when she does what I ask. Not so much that she obeys me (not that that isn't nice,) but that she knows what I am asking her. I asked her if she wanted to color. She said she did, so I got paper ready for her. I looked over at her, and she was holding her crayons. She knew what coloring was, that it involved crayons, where they were kept, and that she should get them.

As my friend says, she's brilliant.