Thursday, January 26, 2006

When I turn on our kitchen faucet, I usually end up nearly burning myself, once the hot water comes through. We have the style where one lever runs both hot and cold. When it is right in middle, the water is too hot to put my hands under. I think this should not be. I have to tilt it significantly to the right for the water to be balanced. It has been this way for far too long, and it irritates me immensely. My solution has been to turn the hot water valve to nearly shut. I turned it more tonight. I think I have finally accomplished a balance in my water temperatures.

Last night we had a thunderstorm. My husband and I were in the bathroom brushing teeth, when our lights went out. I thought he did it on purpose as a joke or something. I was about to say "Hey, what are you doing?" when he informed me that we lost power. It was very dark. Our bathroom has no windows, not that they would have helped since there was no light outside. We realized this when my husband tried to shed some light on our darkness by opening our bedroom blinds to let the post light in. As the slats turned, we were still engulfed in darkness. It was a little scary, having the darkness surround me, even though I knew exactly were I was, and that my husband was with me.

Makes me think of my sin that surrounds me in darkness. And Jesus is my light that shines through. Depend on Him and there will always be a light for the darkness that tries to seep in.