Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Titan 5 . . . the car seat from the other place.

Since switching the car seat to forward facing, we have been using it incorrectly. Apparently, we were using the wrong shoulder slots. We were using the lower ones, but if those are used forward-facing, "the harness may not properly restrain the child in the event of a crash." Fortunately, we have not had to test that warning.

To remedy the mistake, we create the problem. The problem lies with the straps themselves. First, the straps have two toddler positions. When in the lower position, they are too tight. When in the higher position, they are too loose. And to top it all off, the seat has a strap to "easily" tighten the straps once fastened around my child. Well let me tell you, it would only be easily for the Hulk, perhaps. All I accomplish when I pull on that strap is to pull the seat out of position, hurt my hand and arm, and get rather angry with the seat. The strap stays just as loose as it was. I have to reach behind the seat, a feat in itself, and pull down on the plate that hooks the shoulder straps to the pull tight strap. This method is no where in the manual, though I have found it the only effect method. But another problem lies in that when the shoulder strap is in the higher position, I can't really reach the plate, effectively negating my method.

This may be confusing, but just know that it is a royal pain.

I am trying to call Evenflo but haven't gotten through yet.