Sunday, July 23, 2006

For my hsuband's birthday, we went to see the Sammy Kaye Orchestra. After church, we dropped our daughter off at Grnadmom's house and went to have brunch at a very nice restaurant. Then since we had time, we strolled down Main Street until it was time to take our seats.

We had secod row seats to listen and "swing and sway with Sammy Kaye." I don't know if it was the heat, or the food, or the fact that I just haven't gotten enough sleep, but I was having a very hard time staying awake during the first half of the show. I bought a snake mix durning intermittion, hoping that I could munch during the second half if I needed to. I did need to, but it wasn't as bad.

I was rather disappointed with the show. There was a whole lot more swaying than swinging and maybe that's why I had trouble staying awake. I would have prefered it to be the other way around. It was good music, I just wanted more swing music.

But we did have a very nice afternoon together. After we got home and put our daughter to bed, we tackled the garage together. Isn't that sweet? I moved items from a gardening bin into the garage and then filled it with kindling for the winter months of fires in our fireplace. My husband did some organizing in the garage and trash detail. We are both satisfied with our work. It was needing to be done.